Is there a more loyal friend to human beings than a dog? Since time immemorial, a dog has been man’s best company. Your better half can take the vow to be with you both in good and bad days but if your chemistry changes, they’ll bail out.
A dog, on the other hand, will be with you forever, even though never swore to stick by you. As a gesture of appreciation, you need to feed your canine friend with the best quality food.
But what exactly makes the ideal dog food? Although needs may vary from one canine to another,the best food should consist of the following:
- A higher percentage of natural fats and oil
- Higher meat-based protein content
- Lower volume of carbohydrates
- All the crucial vitamins and minerals
- Devoid of coloring, preservatives and artificial flavoring
BLUE Life Formula Adult Dog Food
For adult pets, BLUE Life Protection Formula Adult Dry Dog Food may be one of the best and healthy food to feed your canine friend. This meal is marketed as “complete and balanced” meaning it incorporates all the key ingredients of a balanced diet.
Dog are lively pets that need a continuous supply of energy foods in order to play and walk around. Being omnivores, these lovely friends can ingest anything from wheat, barley, oats, rice and other common cereal grains.
BLUE Life contains brown rice, oatmeal, barley, sweet potatoes as the main carbohydrate elements. The formula consists of 5% fiber that keeps the dog full for several hours thus minimizing the need for frequent feeding. Fiber is not a necessary component of dog feed but has its advantages.
While dogs can eat anything, they value proteins more, and this explains why this nutrient makes up a sizable portion of their food. On average, an adult dog requires only 18-25% protein which can come from various sources.
BLUE Life contains de-boned chicken as its main protein ingredient that makes up 24% of the entire package. Remember fish, eggs, turkey, soybeans, and beef can be used as alternative sources of protein.
Vitamin and minerals
Blue Life is heavily packed with vitamin and minerals thus suitable for a malnourished dog. Vitamin E maintains the canine’s immune system while Vitamin A ensures a healthy skin and hair.
Vitamin in this formula comes from Cranberries, Spinach, Apples, Blackberries,L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (Vitamin C), Nicotinic Acid (Vitamin B3), Biotin (Vitamin B7), Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5) and many others.
Minerals boost various body functions and thwart any possibility of deficiencies. The main minerals needed by your lovely dog include calcium, magnesium, phosphorus,sodium chloride, potassium, and sulfur.
BLUE Life Protection Formula contains all these and over ten other minerals and vitamins thus the best food for a newly adopted pet that may be lacking many nutrients.
Dogs require fats just a humans do. Fats make food tasty and facilitate faster absorption of other micro-nutrients. BLUE Life Formula has Omega 3 and 6, and de-boned chicken as its main source of fats, which makes up about 1% of this food.
BLUE Life Protection Formula prides itself in being made of only the best natural ingredients that will make your canine friend happy and healthy. It does not contain wheat, soy, corn,poultry by-products and artificial flavors, colors or other preservatives.
- Natural, healthy and holistic food
- Award winner dog food
- Contains whole grains, real chicken, blended vitamins, fruits, vegetables, minerals, and antioxidants
- 30lb bag
- Devoid of flavors, preservatives, artificial colors, wheat, soy, corn and poultry by-product
- High protein content from de-boned chicken makes this feed effective in building and maintaining healthy muscles
- BLUE Life Protection’s high vitamin, antioxidant and mineral content boosts promotes a healthy immune system
- Strengthens your canine friends’ bones and teeth due to the heavy content of calcium, phosphorus, and vitamin in its composition
- Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids in BLUE Life Protection promotes a healthy skin and shiny coat
- Being rich in carbohydrates, BLUE Life Protection keeps your dog fully energetic throughout the day
- Thanks to glucosamine in this food, your dog’s joints and overall mobility are kept in a good condition
- Protein needs to change often, and that means Blue Life, which contains de-boned chicken as its only main source of protein ingredient cannot serve as your reliable, all-time dog food.
Like other things, you also have several options when it comes to dog food. For instance, a close competitor to the Blue Buffalo’s Dry Dog Food Formula is IAMS PROACTIVE HEALTH Adult Dry Dog Food.
It’s composed of real chicken meat as the number one ingredient alongside omega 6 fatty acids, wholesome grains, fruits, veggies, and beet pulp.Like Blue formula, this food too contains no wheat, soy and artificial preservatives.
The only difference between Blue Life and IAMS PROACTIVE HEALTH Adult Dog Food is that the latter consists of beet pulp, a herb that consists of fiber and probiotics to boost digestion. IAMS also comes at a far more stretched price but if your dog has indigestion problems, you have to part with it anyway.
IAMS and Blue Life are sometimes considered to be heavily packed with ingredients. If you are looking for something that is complete and balanced but with a lower level of premium ingredients, you can go with Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Dry Dog Food- Fish Formula & Sweet Potato.
Besides just cutting down on the number of nutrients, this diet can serve as a better alternative to Blue Life so your canine friend can enjoy the taste of fish as well.
The bottom line
The “complete and balanced” nature of BLUE Life Formula’s ingredients makes this food the total package to grab for your dog. It contains all the key proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins and mineral needed to keep any dog happy and healthy and thus worth spending money on. After all, you should care for your loyal friend, just like he/she cares for you, isn’t it?